The name Oceania is used because, unlike the other regional groupings, it is the Pacific ocean and adjacent seas rather than a continent that link the lands together. It includes some 25,000 islands and usually includes Australia depending on the geopolitical definition.
By current estimates, there are 500,000 Muslims in Oceania (340 000 in Australia, 36 000 in New Zealand, 62 500 in Fiji, 6 350 in New Caledonia, 2 000 in Papua New Guinea, 350 in Solomon islands, 200 in Vanuatu, 100 in Tonga, tiny numbers in Kiribati and Samoa.
Click the Category Oceania for more …>>
All the articles are from our “30-Days of Prayer for the Muslim World” prayer guides.
30-Days International maintains a positive attitude toward Muslims. We are not interested in denigrating or criticizing them. Islam is not merely a religion or a philosophy. Islam concerns people. Jesus said, “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
External Links and Sources:
- Mapping the Global Muslim Population (Pew Research Forum)
- World Fact Book (CIA)
- Muslim Population Worldwide
- The Largest Muslim Communities
- Global Status of Evangelical Christianity Unengaged Unreached People Groups
- Unreached Ethnic People Group Listings (Joshua Project)
- and Wikipedia has several good links, maps and resources + World Religions: Britannica Book of the Year, ©2003
- Global Status of Evangelical Christianity Unengaged Unreached Muslim People Groups 100,000 or more (xls file saved via MS Excel, 380 kb)
- 2010 World Muslim Population compiled by Houssain Kettani at the Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities. 61 pages of interesting statistics on Muslim countries and the demographics of Muslim growth. (pdf, 788 kb)