We distribute between 400,000 – 800,000 booklets annually in various languages.
Quick Website Facts
Our national websites (in various languages) do well. Here at the International www.30-days.net site we had:
Web site Statistics:
- 2013: 837,307 visits and 2,753,463 pageviews
- 2012: 766,622 visits and 2,469,860 pageviews
- 2011: 686,053 visits and 3,529,824 pageviews
- 2010: 476,755 visits and 2,680,764 pageviews
- 2009: 340,664 visits and 1,728,566 pageviews
- 2008: 246,157 visits and 717,646 pageviews
- 2007: 194,179 visits and 742,116 pageviews
- 2006: 168,330 visits and 446,535 pageviews
(Older statistics were lost when we switched hosting services.)
Most Used WordPress Plugins
Over the last few years I found the following plugins most helpful on this site:
- Akismet (by Automattic): Comes bundled with WordPress, Akismet blocks 99.9% of spam from reaching your blog.
- Broken Links Checker (by Janis Elsts): I only activate this occasionally to check for broken links, but it works well.
- Google XML Sitemaps (by Arne Brachhold): This plugin generates an XML sitemap to help Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com to better index the site.
- Greg’s Comment Length Limiter (by Greg Mulhauser): Long comments are unreadable and unhelpful, but I can limit them using this plugin.
- Jetpack (by WordPress.com). Does a whole host of helpful functions with more being added every few months.
- HeadSpace2 (by John Godley) / or All in One SEO Pack (by Michael Torbert): SEO plugins so you can add keywords, etc. Not needed for many new Themes, but still helpful.
- (Move Comments) [Deactivated until it's needed. This by Apostolos Dountsis works well]: Sometimes I move posts and want to move the comments too…
- RefTagger (Transform Bible references into links by Logos Bible Software): RefTagger supports all of the Bible book names and their standard abbreviations.
- Widget Logic (by Alan Trewartha): Brilliant, lets me put different Sidebar content (widgets) on different posts, pages, home, whatever I need and want!!
- WordPress Exploit Scanner (by Donncha O Caoimh): My blog got hacked a few times, but to be honest, of all the “AntiVirus”-type plugins, I’m not sure which ones work the best.
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin (by mitcho. I have tried several Related Posts plugins but many bloat the database or can otherwise create negative effects.
Plus a few others which are site-related.